Devil o’ the Highlands Footrace 2024
Race Date: Saturday 10th August (6am start)
2024 ENTRY INFORMATION
Entries will be available on a first come first served basis
The organisers use Si Entries entry platform (free Si Entries account is required)
Entry Limit: 500 (then waiting list if required)
The event accepts female, male, and non-binary applications
Entry Fee: £95/£93*
No minimum running experience is required for entry
All runners must be at least 20 years old on race day
No deferrals or transfers of entries are available
*members of Scottish Athletics, English Athletics, Athletics Northern Ireland & Welsh Athletics
Due to increased costs, no refunds are available until the event is full. If we can allocate your place to someone on the waiting list we can provide 75% refund up until 1st June 2024. After 1st June no refunds are available.
We offer optional insurance through XCover- if you are worried about losing your entry fee through being unable to attend the event for whatever reason, please take out this insurance and protect your entry fee.
PARKING / RACE WEEKEND LOGISTICS
Parking in Tyndrum (race start) is the event's biggest issue, especially during the peak tourist period in August. We have to keep local businesses on side so unless you have accommodation booked in Tyndrum for the Friday/Saturday evening there will be no long term parking in Tyndrum. There is short term for vehicles dropping off runners but these cars must leave Tyndrum immediately after the race start. We strongly urge you to use public transport to travel to the event.
As the race is a point-to-point route we suggest one of the following itineraries:
STAY IN TYNDRUM BOTH FRIDAY & SATURDAY NIGHTS
Runners with booked accommodation should park at the accommodation and can book a return bus back to Tyndrum after the event on the Saturday at 6pm (extra cost)
STAY IN FORT WILLIAM ON FRIDAY & SATURDAY NIGHTS
Book the early Saturday early morning bus from Fort William to the race start in Tyndrum (extra cost). Then run back to Fort William. The early Saturday morning buses will leave from Glen Nevis Campsite and stop at Fort William Bus Station before heading to Tyndrum and arrive in plenty of time for registration and race start.
GET A LIFT FROM SOMEONE OR CARSHARE
Arrange for someone to drop you off at the start in Tyndrum, cheer you on/support you at Glencoe and Kinlochleven, then collect you from the finish in Fort William. Another option is that the person who drops you off joins the race team and helps out while you run to Fort William.
EVENT ENVIRONMENTAL IMPACT
We are trying to reduce the environmental impact of the event there is an opt-out system for runners to choose not to receive a t-shirt.
T-SHIRT: If you choose to not get a t-shirt then you have the options of either donating the £6 to charity or receiving a £6 reduction in the entry fee.
All proceeds will be donated to Strathfillan Community Development Trust. Registered Charity SC026601.
Inclusivity & Discrimination
The event is LGBT friendly. We are also QIA+ friendly. We're friendly to everyone, really. You can enter our race as female, male, or non-binary. If you are transgender, we are happy for you to enter and run in the gender category you identify, subject to current SA/uka rules of competition, which the organisers must adhere to. Event changing, showers and toilets will be available for all genders. We are fully committed to upholding all principles of the Scottish LGBT Sports Charter.
The events strives to be as inclusive as possible and the organisers have a zero tolerance policy to any form of discrimination.
2024 Events Terms and Conditions
By entering the event I declare that I:
1) Am physically prepared for this competition, in good health, not suffering from any injury or physical defect likely to be aggravated by my participation in the event. During the race, should I suffer from any injury, or any other incident that could seriously damage my health, I will inform the organisation as soon as possible.
2) Am aware that this type of competition will take place in a rural setting which is often difficult to access and control, which carries an additional risk to the participants. Therefore of my own will and initiative I take the risks and consequences derived from my participation.
3) Agree that I participate voluntarily and under my own responsibility during the race.
4) Agree to abide by the race rules and conditions, and abide by the medical advice given by the race medics.
5) Agree that I will inform the organisers prior to the event if I have any previous medical history of the following: Heart problems, asthma, epilepsy, irregular heart beat, diabetes, collapsing during exercise, high blood pressure or kidney problems. Also agree to inform the organisers if you have had any of the the listed medical conditions in the past, or any other serious medical conditions/illnesses, i.e. cancer, heart attack, stroke, etc. Agree that all entries are subject to assessment by the event medical team. In the event that the medical team decide that you should not take part a full refund will be issued.
6) Authorise the race organisation to use any photo, film or recording taken of me provided it is exclusively related to my participation in this event.
7) Understand that my race number is personal and non-transferable; therefore no other participant or person may use it in my place.
8) Understand the refund policy:
No refunds are available until the event is full. If we can allocate your place to someone on the waiting list we can provide 75% refund up until 1st June 2024.
No deferrals or transfers to other runners are permitted.
9) Am aged over 20 years on race day.
10) Agree that the organiser’s decision is final in all disputes that may occur prior to, during, and after the event.
11) Agree to not use any form of oral NSAID such as ibuprofen, diclofenac, naproxen etc before or during the event. The organiser authorises the medical team to consider excluding any runner who is found to have used any form of NSAID anti-inflammatory or pain relief. If a participant has been medically prescribed such medication then they must declare this in the medical section of the entry form. Any runner found to have any such medication in their possession during the event may be withdrawn immediately and disqualified from the event, unless they can prove the medication is prescribed by a medical professional.
12) Agree that if at any point the organisers decide to cancel the event for any reason including COVID19-related reasons, partial refunds will be given based on event expenditure at time of cancellation.
13) Agree to read carefully all the information provided and adhere to all race rules. The organisers reserve the right to modify the event rules at any time. Any changes to the race rules will be emailed to all participants. Full information is provided on the Event website.
14) I agree to update any changes to my medical details on my entry form via my Si Entries account and inform the organisers by email of these changes.
15) I agree to provide any additional medical information requested by the organisers.
The event will be run under Scottish Athletics Rules & will be covered by their event insurance policy.