2020 Race Entry
Devil o’ the Highlands Footrace 2020
Race Date: Saturday 8th August 2020 (6:00am start)
Entry Limit: 500
The 500 places have been allocated on a first come first served basis and the waiting list is full.
Race Weekend Schedule
Friday 7th August 2020
7:00pm - 9:00pm: Race registration in the Tyndrum Inn, Tyndrum (FK20 8RY)
Saturday 8th August 2020
4:00am: Private coach leaves Fort William Bus Station (PH33 6AN) for race start (must be booked in advance)
4:15am - 5:30am: Race registration at the Green Welly Stop, Tyndrum (FK20 8RY)
4:00am - 5:45am: Bring drop bags to race start and put into checkpoint vehicles
4:00am - 5:45am: Bring kit bags (for finish at Fort William) to race start and put into finish line van
5:45am: Race Director's race briefing for runners, at the Green Welly Stop
6:00am: Race start
12:00pm - 6:30pm: Hot home-made food, tea, coffee and other drinks in the marquee at the race finish
4:00pm-ish: Prizegiving at the race finish
6:00pm: Private coach leaves from the race finish for Tyndrum (must be booked in advance)
8:00pm onwards: Post-race celebrations in the Tyndrum Inn, Tyndrum (FK20 8RY)
All coaches must be booked in advance, via Si Entries. Places are limited so please book buses ASAP.
Important 2020 Event Information
To help reduce traffic/parking congestion in Tyndrum, we will be operating a car share rule for long stay race day parking. Single occupancy vehicles will not be allowed access to event parking in Tyndrum.
Event Environmental Impact
We are trying to reduce the environmental impact of the event and are trialling an opt-out system for runners to choose what race stuff they would like to receive or not receive. You can choose on the entry form whether you would like to receive the following items: race t-shirt, finishers medal, buff and event sticker.
T-SHIRT: If you choose to not get a t-shirt then you have the options of either donating the £5 to charity or receiving a £5 reduction in the entry fee.
MEDAL, STICKER AND BUFF: If you would not like to receive any of these items then the cost of them will be donated to charity. The costs for the 3 items are: Buff £2 / Medal £1.50 / Sticker £1.00.
You can update the above opt out choices at any time via your Si Entries account. Please use the EDIT ENTRY button above.
All proceeds will be donated to Lochaber Foodbank.
Important Event Rules
1) Runners are allowed external support at certain locations. Spectators are welcome at specific locations.
2) No support runners before Kinlochleven checkpoint at 11:30am.
3) All runners must carry an emergency foil blanket and charged/switched on mobile phone.
4) It is strictly FORBIDDEN for any participant to run in place of another runner. No one is allowed to run using another runner's race number.
5) No running poles. No dogs accompanying runners. No littering.
6) Limited earphone use allowed.
7)The use of ibuprofen, diclofenac, or any other NSAID as a race-day painkiller is forbidden.
Inclusivity & Discrimination
The event is LGBT friendly. We are also QIA+ friendly. We're friendly to everyone, really. You can enter our race as female, male, or nonbinary. If you are transgender, we are happy for you to enter and run in the gender category you identify with. Event changing, showers and toilets will be available for all genders. We are fully committed to upholding all principles of the Scottish LGBT Sports Charter.
The events strives to be as inclusive as possible and the organisers have a zero tolerance policy to any form of discrimination. We are not keen on Donald Trump.
By entering the event I declare that I:
1) Am physically prepared for this competition, in good health, not suffering from any injury or physical defect likely to be aggravated by my participation in the event. During the race, should I suffer from any injury, or any other incident that could seriously damage my health, I will inform the organisation as soon as possible.
2) Am aware that this type of competition will take place in a rural setting which is often difficult to access and control, which carries an additional risk to the participants. Therefore of my own will and initiative I take the risks and consequences derived from my participation.
3) Agree that I participate voluntarily and under my own responsibility during the race.
4) Agree to abide by the race rules and conditions, and abide by the medical advice given by the race medics.
5) Agree that I will inform the organisers prior to the event if I have any previous medical history of the following: Heart problems, asthma, epilepsy, irregular heart beat, diabetes, collapsing during exercise, high blood pressure or kidney problems. Also agree to inform the organisers if you have had any of the the listed medical conditions in the past, or any other serious medical conditions/illnesses, i.e. cancer, heart attack, stroke, etc. Agree that all entries are subject to assessment by the event medical team. In the event that the medical team decide that you should not take part a full refund will be issued.
6) Authorise the race organisation to use any photo, film or recording taken of me provided it is exclusively related to my participation in this event.
7) Understand that my race number is personal and non-transferable; therefore no other participant or person may use it in my place.
8) Understand the refund policy:
Up to 1st June 2020, 90% of the entry fee will be refunded if you withdraw
After 1st June no refunds will be given.
No deferrals or transfers to other runners are permitted.
9) Am aged over 20 years on race day.
10) Agree that the organiser’s decision is final in all disputes that may occur prior to, during, and after the event.
11) Agree to not use any form of oral NSAID such as ibuprofen, diclofensc, naproxen etc before or during the event. The organiser authorises the medical team to consider excluding any runner who is found to have used any form of NSAID anti-inflammatory or pain relief. If a participant has been medically prescribed such medication then they must declare this in the medical section of the entry form. Any runner found to have any such medication in their possession during the event may be withdrawn immediately and disqualified from the event, unless they can prove the medication is prescribed by a medical professional.
12) Agree that if the organisers are forced to cancel the event for any reason, they will do all they can to arrange a different date for the event. If this isn't possible then all runners will either be offered a partial refund or a discounted entry for the 2021 event, taking into consideration expenditure on cancelled event. Please remember that the event is non-profit making and the organisers do not get any payment for their time.
13) Agree to read carefully all the information provided and adhere to all race rules. The organisers reserve the right to modify the event rules at any time. Any changes to the race rules will be emailed to all participants. Full information is provided on the Event website.
The event will be run under Scottish Athletics Rules & will be covered by their event insurance policy.